Let's build a strong backend that can handle traffic, process transactions , and grow your online presence. If you don’t get this right, then there’s a possibility that your store could lose the ability to make money online. This means that your credit card processing will deactivate after the first transaction is made and you won’t be able to take orders.
Important Website Must Haves
There are a number of requirements that must be on your website before you can be granted a high risk credit card merchant account. Here’s a list of them all:
- Your website name and business name must be exactly the same or closely match.
- DO NOT list Stripe or PayPal as a payment method. At the time of this writing, neither Stripe or Paypal approves CBD transactions.
- You must specify your shipping methods and timeframes.
- You must have a registered domain.
- Your website must be SSL secure. For example your website should read “https://yourwebsite.com”. The HTTPS is important. There should also be a green lock in front of the URL.
- If you offer pet products, they must be in a separate category from your other products. They can not be listed on the same page as your non-pet products.
- All products must list:
- Pictures of labels with ingredients visible
- The website’s footer should have:
- Terms & Conditions
- Refund Policy
Choose Your Shopping Cart Wisely
Your website’s shopping cart solution is also extremely important. You can use Shopify but DO NOT USE Shopify’s shopping cart, "Shopify Payments". They will shut down your credit card processing. You may now be thinking, “Well, I can just use PayPal.”. Nope. Once PayPal finds out that you are taking orders for CBD products, they will shut you down.
Use Plug And Play Templates
Creating your website has never been easier than it is today...even if you’re not a technical person. Gone are the days of spending tens of thousands of dollars to hire someone to build your website, which might take over a month to complete. There are free or inexpensive platforms like Wix, Squarespace, or Wordpress that allow you to utilize plug and play templates to build your website in hours.
I recommend using the Wordpress platform because it gives you a ton of flexibility for cheap. You’re going to need that flexibility to navigate around the pitfalls of setting up your shopping cart and credit card processing.
WordPress also allows you to download themes. But a lot of them are not intuitive to use. My theme builder of choice is Elementor which you get for FREE.
Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words
You should definitely have pictures of your products as well as lifestyle photos on your webpage. Use professional 3D renderings for your online store’s shop page for a more professional look.
A Nice And Simple Logo
Your logo is usually the first thing people see when they reach your website. So it should be easy to read font with a simple design that describes your name and brand. Use platforms live Fiverr, Upwork, or my favorite Tailor Brands for quick and affordable logos for under $10.
Copywriting Is Everything
Copywriting is extremely critical to your website’s ability to convert. If you want to drive your website viewers from click to close, then you MUST master this skill. To further drive home the importance of copywriting, professional copywriters can command at least $10,000 per page on your website. It’s important!
You may be thinking, “what is copywriting and where do you use it?” In simple terms, copywriting is words that sell a product or service that you offer.
Copywriting can be used on the following:
- All of the pages on your website.
- Social media posts
- Email marketing campaign
- Social Media Ads (If social media platforms ever approve CBD ads)
- Youtube Videos
- And much more
There are plenty of things to write about when creating your copy.
I want you to focus on 6:
- Grab attention with a bold headline.
- Identify the problem your CBD products will solve.
- Identify the solution to the problem.
- Provide proof on why your products will solve the problem.
- Show the benefits in using your CBD products over others.
- Provide Testimonials to show that your products have helped others.
Study the copy techniques of large companies like Bose or Apple. If you can create persuasive copy for your website, you’ll will experience constant sales transactions.