How Can Hemp-Derived CBD Help You?
Hemp-derived CBD is a non-psychotropic oil extract that is legal in all 50 states. This new product hasn’t been around for long as it was approved after the Farm Bill of 2018 passed which legalized the farming of hemp that is .3 percent or less THC—meaning the hemp CBD delivers all the healing benefits of marijuana without the high. Hemp is processed into an oil extract then used to create a variety of products. Here are just a few ways you can use CBD oil and the products it’s blended into.
A Natural Way To Alleviate Pain
Whether acute or chronic pain can negatively impact your life. When pain is severe over-the-counter medications can’t keep up, but prescription medications run a high risk of addiction. With CBD there is a natural alternative for managing sports injuries, arthritis, back pain, and residual pain after an accident or injury. CBD doesn’t just mask your pain but minimizes inflammation and turns on the body’s endocannabinoid system to naturally alleviate pain. We’ll discuss this system a bit more in the next section.
Balancing Your Body From The Inside Out
Our internal health isn’t something we can see but is something we can feel. If we are not internally balanced, we can experience fluctuating hormones, poor sleep, decreased memory, mood swings, poor coordination, increased or decreased appetite, fluctuating temperature, increased pain, and more. The process in our body that regulates this internal balance is called Homeostasis, which can be optimized with regular use of CBD. CBD positively activates the endocannabinoid system linking our CB1 and CB2 systems. There is currently no other herb, supplement, or prescription that links these two systems, making CBD a powerful healing alternative.
Aging With Grace
The aging population is one of the fastest growing groups turning to CBD. Here are just a few reasons why:
- To Stimulate Appetite—this is helpful because many of us lose our appetite as we age and the decreased caloric intake can lead to malnutrition, decreased immunity, low energy, increased fall risk, and more.
- Pain Management For Osteoarthritis And Rheumatoid Arthritis—CBD activates the body’s natural healing abilities and provides the 50 million Americans who struggle with these two diseases a non-addictive means of managing their pain and inflammation. If not full-blown arthritis, CBD can be used to treat ligament, tendon and joint pain.
- Cancer Treatment—if medical marijuana is not legal in your state or it is but you want to enjoy the benefits of marijuana for cancer treatment without the high, CBD is your alternative. It can help to shrink some types of cancer tumors, stimulate appetite, decreased nausea, minimize pain, and more.
- A Proactive Approach To Memory—as we age our risk for Alzheimer’s, age-related memory loss, and neurodegenerative disorders increases. CBD can also be used as a proactive and reactive approach to other neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s, seizures, epilepsy, ALS, and Huntington’s disease.
- Decreased Anxiety And Depression—loneliness, a lost sense of purpose, the inability to drive, a decrease in mobility, and the financial stress can all lead to anxiety and depression as we age. Currently, around 60 percent of retirees struggle with these symptoms, and CBD oil can be used to stimulate our naturally occurring mood-boosting hormones to dial down the daily impact of our aging loved one’s mental health concerns.
Managing PTSD And Mental Health
We are living in an exciting time where the stigma of mental health conditions is being erased empowering those who struggle with their mental health to talk about it—and get the help they need. Many are turning to CBD as part of their treatment plan to minimize anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorders, social anxiety, flashbacks, nightmares, irritability, paranoia, anger, physical aggression, PTSD, worry, stress, and more. For optimal results use CBD for mental health or PTSD as directed by your physician, and as part of a larger treatment plan.
CBD For Skincare And Beauty
While most CBD products are used for topical targeted pain management or as an internal supplement to balance your body and manage pain—CBD can also be added to your skincare and beauty products. Here are just a few considerations:
- Add a few drops of CBD oil tincture to your daily moisturizing cream to heal sun damage and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Use CBD hair care products to strengthen your hair, reverse hair loss, and apply directly to your scalp to manage flakes and dry skin.
- Take CBD internally and topically to treat skin allergies, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis.
- Use a CBD bath balm to relax and unwind after a long day, and to soothe sore muscles.
To Spice Up Your Love Life
Many couples are turning to CBD to resolve a variety of intimacy issues. Those who suffer from chronic back pain may avoid intimacy as it causes more pain than pleasure, so minimizing your pain with CBD can help to spice things back up. If you are stressed to the max you may not be able to relax enough to get in the mood, so CBD can help to take the edge off. Those who have a difficult time getting out of their head and in the present moment can turn to CBD to relax and make intimacy more fun. And everyone will benefit from the increased blood flow and heightened touch delivered by CBD. In fact, some men utilize CBD as an alternative to Viagra.
CBD For Your Pets
As a plant-based oil extract CBD is safe for most pets. Use as directed by your veterinarian to:
- Ease separation anxiety while you are out of town
- Make travel less stressful
- Manage epilepsy and seizures
- Help reduce the side effects of cancer
- Minimize pain as your pet ages
The Quality Of Your CBD Matters
While we’ve covered many ways that CBD can be used for natural health and wellness, the examples above are far from your only options. As a new and unregulated industry, you must be mindful of the quality of the CBD you purchase. At Holmes Organics we provide an organic product with fully transparent processing. If you have tried CBD in the past and it hasn’t worked, it is likely because you had a low-quality or impure product—so we invite you to browse our high-quality selection.
Holmes Organics has everything from oil tinctures to supplements, gummies, topical salves and creams, pet treats, bath bombs, and hair care products—with more innovations on the way!
5 Ways To Use Your CBD Oil Tincture
There are many CBD products to choose from but none more diverse than oil tinctures. Here are 5 ways you can use your tincture to enjoy the natural healing of hemp-based CBD.
You can purchase CBD vape liquids and juices, but you can also vape your oil tincture directly or mix it into your e-liquid of choice—preferably one with a mixture of MCT oil. This option isn’t for everyone, but it is the fastest way to enjoy the benefits of CBD, within 4 to 8 seconds. Be sure to turn your temperature down to a lower setting as not to burn your CBD oil. It’s best to use a vape pen or box mod.
Directly Under Your Tongue
When you eat or drink your oil tincture it is diluted meaning your body absorbs less of the dosage you are trying to achieve. It also takes longer for CBD to kick in when you eat or drink it. For this reason, many place their oil tincture under their tongue and keep it there for about 60 seconds. This will increase the rate at which it finds its way to your bloodstream.
In Your Beverages
While the serving size will be diluted adding CBD to your beverages can be fun. For best results many increase the serving size by 50 to 100 percent. You can add CBD oil tincture to any beverage—but the key is in blending or shaking it in, as stirring it in won’t adequately distribute the CBD. In fact, stirring it in will leave much of your CBD oil on the walls of your glass. Here are a few of Holmes Organics favorite CBD drink recipes.
Added To Your Skincare And Beauty Products
You can purchase CBD body lotions, facial moisturizers, and hair care products—but you can also mix it into your favorite products. Adding a few drops to your lotion allows you to achieve targeted topical pain relief in a manner that isn’t as oily as spreading the oil on. However, pain relief is far from your only option. CBD oil can be used for fine lines, wrinkles, treating eczema, psoriasis, skin allergies, strengthening your hair, hair regrowth, and more. Add a drop or two each time you use your product or add a dropper full that you shake or stir in.
Add To Your Food
You can also infuse your favorite recipes with CBD oil. Just like with beverages you want it to be blended in. For best results add it to sauces, soups, and salad dressings. The approach is different than cooking with marijuana-infused foods where you can add it in earlier in the cooking process, often to the oil or butter. With CBD the goal is to mix or blend it in later in the cooking process.
If the oil tincture isn’t the right fit for you or not how you want to enjoy your CBD on a daily basis you can add Holmes Organics soft gels or gummies to the mix. Experiment with dosage as supplements and gummies will not be absorbed at the same rate as taking the oil directly under your tongue.