Many of your favorite skincare and beauty products are fast and easy to make at home. Without preservatives, DIY products have a short shelf-life so be mindful of when they expire. This DIY CBD lip balm will last for 6 months, which gives you plenty of time to use it before it expires. It makes 12 to 15 total so it’s the perfect gift for friends and family!
Why Use CBD In My Lip Balm?
Cannabis oil combined with the below natural ingredients will nourish and moisturize your lips. If you struggle with dry or chapped lips, it is because many store-bought balms are designed to feel good, even if they don’t perform. This blend of natural ingredients will soothe and heal chapped lips, make your lips soft and smooth, and prevent your lips from drying out. It will also work as a protective layer over or under your lipstick. Choose your essential oil by your desired healing properties or the aroma you prefer.
In addition to the ingredients below, you will need a double boiler, wooden spoon, heat-safe dropper or pipette, 12 to 15 lip balm jars or lip balm tubes, and adhesive labels. A lip balm holding tray can be useful too.
- 2 tablespoons organic beeswax
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1 mL Holmes Organics CBD
- 4 drops topical-safe essential oil—such as lavender, peppermint, or grapefruit
- Add water to the bottom of your double boiler and turn the heat up to medium.
- Add the beeswax and shea butter to the top of the double boiler.
- Bring water to a gentle boil.
- Once the beeswax and shea butter melt, stir in the coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Remove from the heat once mixed and stir in the CBD and essential oil.
- Use your heat-safe dropper or pipette to fill each of the lip balm jars or tubes.
- Let cool in the jar or tube for 20 minutes before putting the lid or top on.
- Label so you don’t forget the expiration date or which essential oil you used.
- Store somewhere cool and dry for up to 6 months.
Use daily and give as a gift to your friends and family. Enjoy!