Start your day off right with these delicious recipes for CBD pancakes, strawberry sauce, and whipped cream. Just remember, when you add CBD to food or beverages it dilutes the milligrams per serving a bit.
CBD Strawberry Sauce Pancake Topping
Let’s first begin with a sweet strawberry topping. You can also use this recipe to create a topping with your other favorite berries—blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Smaller berries don’t need to be sliced and won’t need to cook as long.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 or 2 mL Holmes Organics CBD Oil
- Defrost the frozen strawberries or rinse, hull, and thinly slice your fresh strawberries.
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once thickened stir in the CBD and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Cool slightly before serving or serve chilled.
CBD-Infused Whipped Cream
You can purchase Cool Whip and whip in one dropper of CBD or use the recipe below. This recipe calls for powdered sugar instead of granular sugar. You could use either, but powdered sugar is better since you will be adding CBD oil.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1mL Holmes Organics CBD Oil
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix on low, gradually increasing speed until you have a fluffy cream, between 3 to 4 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
CBD Pancake Recipes
How To Add CBD To Your Favorite Pancake Recipe
If you have a go-to pancake mix or pancake recipe, simply add CBD to it. Adding 1 dropper (or less) won’t be enough to water down the mixture. Just mix or blend it into the liquid portion of your recipe.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin, Banana, And Oat CBD Pancake Recipe
This recipe is so delicious that you won’t even notice that it’s gluten-free! It is protein-rich, makes 3 medium pancakes, and can easily be doubled.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1 medium banana
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp canned or pureed pumpkin
- 1 mL Holmes Organics CBD Oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Topping of choice—strawberry sauce, honey, agave, maple syrup, nut butter, whipped cream, etc.
- Preheat the olive oil in a large frypan over low heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour your batter into the frypan, in 3 evenly sized pancakes. This batter may be a bit thinner than you are used to, but the pancakes will fluff up while cooking.
- Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until they firm up and are lightly brown on each side before you flip.
- Top with your topping of choice