Many of your favorite skincare and beauty products are fast and easy to make at home. Without preservatives, DIY products have a short shelf-life so be mindful of when they expire. This DIY CBD lip balm will last for 6 months, which gives you plenty of time to use it before it expires. It makes 12 to 15 total so it’s the perfect gift for friends and family!
Can CBD be absorbed through the lips?
CBD in lip balms is absorbed at the site of application and will not cause psychotropic effects. If you're worried about a drug test, topical CBD products will not cause you to fail.
What does CBD lip balm do?
If your lips are constantly dry and irritated, you might want to try CBD lip balm. CBD is used for its anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that might provide relief. When choosing a product, make sure the ingredients match your needs. Cheap products might contain chemicals that can irritate your skin even more.
Why Use CBD Oil In My Lip Balm?
CBD oil combined with the below natural ingredients will nourish and moisturize your lips. If you struggle with dry or chapped lips, it is because many store-bought balms are designed to feel good, even if they don’t perform. This blend of natural ingredients will make your lips soft and smooth, and prevent your lips from drying out. It will also work as a protective layer over or under your lipstick. Choose your essential oils by your desired healing properties or the aroma you prefer.
How do you make CBD lip balm?
In addition to the ingredients below, you will need a double boiler, wooden spoon, heat-safe dropper or pipette, 12 to 15 lip balm jars or lip balm tubes, and adhesive labels. A lip balm holding tray can be useful too.
- 2 tablespoons organic beeswax
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 1 mL of Organic CBD Oil
- 4 drops topical-safe oil—such as lavender, peppermint, or grapefruit
- Add water to the bottom of your double boiler and turn the heat up to medium.
- Add the beeswax and shea butter to the top of the boiler.
- Bring water to a gentle boil.
- Once the beeswax and shea butter melt, stir in the coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Remove from the heat once mixed and stir in the CBD oil and essential oil.
- Use your heat-safe dropper or pipette to fill each of the lip balm jars or tubes.
- Let cool in the jar or tube for 20 minutes before putting the lid or top on.
- Label so you don’t forget the expiration date or which essential oils you used.
- Store somewhere cool and dry for up to 6 months.
Use daily and give as a gift to your friends and family. Shoot, you could turn this CBD lip balm recipe into a product to sell.
Does CBD Lip Balm Help With Anxiety?
CBD has many therapeutic benefits, including easing the symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, epilepsy, and cancer. It is also non-psychoactive, meaning it will not get you high.
Add CBD To All Of Your Skincare And Beauty Products
There is a growing list of skincare products that have CBD mixed in, but there’s no need to give up your favorite products. Simply mix a drop or two into your product each day, or add a full dropper or more to the container and mix it in.
You can also apply CBD oil directly to your hair or skin, but it will go farther and absorb faster if you mix it in.
In addition to your CBD lip balm, here are some other DIY CBD skincare and beauty products you can make at home.