Looking for a sweet way to enjoy your CBD? Consider making homemade CBD lollipops. Not only are they a treat, but if you don’t enjoy the flavor of CBD oil—they provide an alternate way to enjoy sublingual (under the tongue) CBD. Here’s a fast and easy recipe.
Is CBD Legal?
Yes! CBD has been legal in all 50 states since the Farm Bill of 2018. Industrial hemp is farmed to contain .3% or less of the intoxicating compound CBD. This is not enough to make you high. Just be sure that CBD use is not prohibited by your school, employer, or extracurricular organization.
What Are CBD Lollipops?
CBD lollipops are just like regular lollipops, except they are infused with CBD. They are a sweet and delicious way to enjoy CBD. Since they melt in your mouth, they absorb into your bloodstream faster than softgels or gummies.
Do CBD Lollipops Get You High?
Nope! With .3% or less of THC they won’t get you high. Many CBD brands, including Holmes Organics, processes their CBD to contain 0.0% THC.
If marijuana is legal in your state and you are purchasing CBD candies from a pot shop or dispensary, ensure you understand the THC content.
What Does a CBD Lollipop Do?
They work just like an oral or topical CBD product but are an alternate way to enjoy your daily CBD. Most choose candies as a sublingual alternative to CBD oil. Let the candy melt in your mouth to absorb quickly into your bloodstream.
Do CBD Lollipops Work?
How well CBD will soothe your mind and body is something you will need to determine for yourself. For best results, work with your physician or alternative healthcare practitioner to determine the appropriate milligrams per serving. For most adults, this is somewhere between 10 and 30 milligrams per serving.
Are Lollipops Good For Anxiety?
Soothing your stress, anxiety, and racing mind are one of many reasons to consider CBD. However, the effects of CBD lollipops vary from one person to the next.
Anxiety often requires multiple lifestyle changes and identifying what works for you. This includes both proactive strategies to keep anxiety to a minimum and therapies you turn to when your anxiety is high.
When you are stressed or anxious, experiment with taking CBD at different times of the day. For example, it may be more helpful in the evening to help you sleep, or during the day to take the edge off.
How Long Does It Take For A CBD Lollipop To Kick In?
For the fastest results, allow your lollie to melt in your mouth. Then it will be absorbed sublingually. This means that the CBD will go directly from the blood vessels underneath your tongue straight into your bloodstream.
It should take effect in 30 minutes or less, opposed to closer to 60 minutes for CBD sources that you ingest. Eating at the same time you take ingested CBD also slows down absorption and dilutes the milligrams per serving. To speed up the process, a sublingual serving is best. If not a candy, place CBD oil underneath your tongue.
Why You Should Try CBD Lollipops?
It’s a fun, sweet, and fast way to enjoy the benefits of CBD. Lollipops mix things up and are an excellent way to share CBD with a crowd. They can also be an infused gift for birthdays, holidays, hostess gifts, and more. Just make sure everyone is aware that your gift contains CBD.
How To Make CBD Lollipops?
You can use the recipe below to make any type of hard candy including lollipops. You can double this batch, but it doesn’t work as well if the batch is increased more. If you need a large quantity, making multiple batches is better as you can use different food coloring colors and extract flavors.
Ingredients & Supplies
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flavored extract of choice—lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, etc.
- Food coloring
- 3 teaspoons of Holmes Organics CBD
- Lollipop or hard candy mold
- Lollipops sticks
- Metal spoon
- Pastry brush
- Candy thermometer
- Lollipop bags & twist ties
- Gather all ingredients to ensure no delay between steps.
- Make sure your candy mold is completely dry. Then spray with a non-stick cooking spray and insert the lollipop sticks.
- Dissolve the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a 2-quarts saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir with a metal spoon to ensure the sugar has dissolved, then insert the candy thermometer. Make sure it doesn’t touch the bottom of the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Do not stir but wash the sides of the pan down with a pastry brush as sugar crystals form on the side of the pan.
- Cook until the temperature reaches 300° F. Remove from the heat, but leave the candy thermometer in.
- Let cool until the mixture reaches 250° F.
- Stir in the flavored extract, food coloring to your desired color, and CBD.
- Carefully pour the hot mixture into your candy molds.
- Let the mixture cool completely at room temperature. Do not refrigerate while cooling.
- Once cool, place in sucker bags or store hard candy in a glass container.
Where To Find CBD Lollipops Near Me?
Head online and perform a quick Google search. In addition to CBD brands that make their own candies, you will find local artisans who make CBD sweet treats.
As always, be sure to inquire about the quality of the CBD used to make both dietary supplements and candies. We always suggest brands who:
- Are USDA Certified Organic
- Perform third-party lab testing
- Add nothing extra to their oil
- Share their lab results online
Searching For A Quality CBD Product?
If you are searching for a premium, organic, and filler-free CBD oil Holmes Organics has you covered. Our oil is available in both 450 and 900 milligrams per bottle. For a larger serving per lollipop, use a larger candy mold. Our oil is our best seller as it’s our most versatile product, but we also have softgels, gummies, topical cream, and a few new products coming soon!