Age spots, scars, and other uneven pigmentation can make you feel less than your best. While you must never lose sight of the fact that beauty comes from within, you can turn to nature to make this DIY dark spot remover with cannabis.
Gentle Weekly Exfoliation
Scars fade gradually over time, but you can accelerate this process with gentle weekly exfoliation. Our body exfoliates naturally but oil, sweat, makeup, lotion, and pandemic face masks can slow this natural process down. Without manual exfoliation, it will take longer for your scar to fade. Choose a granular or alpha hydroxy serum or cream to slough away dead skin cells, instantly making your skin look brighter. Avoid store-bought or DIY products that sting or burn. Exfoliate twice a week to reveal the healthy new skin underneath.
Support Your Skin From The Inside Out
Proper nutrition supports your skin from the inside out. Consider taking collagen daily, and eating a diet rich in Omega fatty acids, and foods rich in zinc, magnesium, and vitamins A, B, C, and E. Legumes are also a natural anti-inflammatory, so add more to your weekly diet. If your diet is rich in whole foods, you are already on the right track. When grocery shopping, remember to “eat the rainbow” purchasing fruits and vegetables of a variety of colors—providing you with a healthy range of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Proper nutrition is also a proactive approach to overall anti-aging.
DIY Dark Spot Remover
Aloe is gentle, soothing, and will help fade your scar. For daily use, carry a pure aloe vera lotion with you and apply it to your skin 3 or 4 times a day. If you have stretch marks, use both aloe and coconut oil or coco butter. Follow the recipe below for a weekly face mask. It won’t just fade your scars, but moisturize, soothe, and nourish your skin.
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 10 drops Holmes Organics CBD
- Optional 1/2 teaspoon of lemon or ACV, but not for sensitive or irritated skin
- Wash and gently exfoliate your face.
- Honey is sticky, so if your hair is long, keep it out of your face with a headband.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Apply to your face and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Without the lemon or ACV, this mask is gentle enough to use every other day, or at least once per week. Be sure to use a deep cleansing mask once per week.
As always, turn to nature as often as you can for skincare, beauty, and health!