Angel food cake is a light and fluffy dessert that is also fat-free. Don’t worry it’s still a crowd-pleasing sweet treat! Here’s an easy CBD angel food cake recipe. In addition to the ingredients, you will need an angel food cake pan or a decorative Bundt cake pan.
Store-Bought CBD Angel Food Cake
If time is tight or you don’t enjoy baking, head to the bakery or grocery store and purchase an angel food cake and top with the CBD Infused strawberry sauce and whipped cream recipes below.
CBD-Infused Whipped Cream Ingredients
You could purchase cool whip and whip in one dropper of CBD or use the recipe below. This recipe calls for powdered sugar instead of granular sugar. You could use either, but powdered sugar is better since you will be adding CBD oil.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 mL Holmes Organics CBD
- Place all ingredients in the mixer and mix on low, gradually increasing speed until you have a fluffy cream, between 3 to 4 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
CBD-Infused Strawberry Sauce
This strawberry sauce can be used to top your angel food cake, strawberry shortcake, pancakes, ice cream, and more.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 mL Holmes Organics CBD
- 1 pound rinsed strawberries, destemmed and thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice OR 2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest of one small lemon
- Whisk the cornstarch, water, and CBD together in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Add the cornstarch and CBD to a small saucepan and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve warm or cold and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
CBD Angel Food Cake Recipe
Use the recipe below to make your own angel food cake. Top with the CBD-infused strawberry sauce or whipped cream recipes above—both or just one!
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 room temperature egg whites
- 1 ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings of choice
Move the oven rack to one notch below the middle and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Use a food processor to pulse the sugar until fine. Remove 1 cup of sugar and set it aside.
Pulse in the sugar, flour, and salt about 8 times to aerate.
Whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl on medium until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium-high and gradually add in the 1 cup of sugar. Whip for about 5 minutes until soft peaks form.
Use a rubber spatula to gradually stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. To ensure it stays aerated, sift the flour through a sifter or mesh strainer.
Add the batter to an ungreased angel food or Bundt cake pan. Do grease or the cake will not rise.
Gently tap or shake the pan to even out the batter.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Bake until a toothpick runs clean.
Cool upside down on a cooling rack for 3 hours.
Run a knife around the edges and tap to release.
Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
This is just one of many CBD sweet treat recipes you can find on our blog!