How To Make CBD Ice Cream?
There are many ways to enjoy CBD, including adding it to some of your favorite foods and beverages. If you have a sweet tooth, consider making your own CBD-infused ice cream.
Does CBD Ice Cream Get You High?
As long as it’s infused with hemp-derived CBD with less than .3 percent of THC, then no. However, if marijuana is legal in your state and you are purchasing your infused ice cream from a restaurant, be sure to ask if it is CBD or THC, as THC ice cream will get you high.
Can You Put CBD Oil In Ice Cream?
Yes, of course! You can add it to a liquid topping such as CBD chocolate or caramel or mix it into homemade ice cream. As always, keep in mind that the milligrams per serving are always diluted a bit when added to food or beverages. Just make sure everyone who is enjoying your infused foods knows there is CBD in what they are eating or drinking.
What Is CBD Ice Cream Ben And Jerry?
To much fanfare, in 2019, Ben and Jerry’s announced that they had developed a CBD ice cream that would hit the markets as soon as the FDA-approved CBD food products. We’re not sure what the delay is, but their ice cream hasn’t hit the market yet.
How Do You Make CBD-Infused Cream?
Here are a few fast and easy CBD ice cream recipes:
Ice Cream Maker Recipe
If you have an ice cream maker, there is no need for a formal CBD ice cream recipe. Simply add 2 tablespoons of 30 mg CBD (60 mg total but not more than 2 tablespoons of liquid) to any ice cream maker recipe after adding the vanilla.
Infusing Your Favorite Stove Top Ice Cream Recipe
If you have a favorite stovetop recipe, simply add 2 tablespoons of 30 mg CBD (60 mg total but not more than 2 tablespoons of liquid) after adding the vanilla.
CBD Milkshake Recipe
If you’re making milkshakes at home, blend in 1 dropper of CBD per serving.
CBD Toppings Recipes
If you don’t want to make your own ice cream, make a topping such as CBD caramel sauce, stir a dropper into your favorite chocolate sauce, or whip a dropper into Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.
Stovetop Ice Cream Recipe
You’ll always make a thicker and creamier ice cream with an ice cream maker, but this recipe will work if you don’t have one.
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of 30 mg Holmes Organics CBD
- 1/4 cup toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- Combine the milk, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until there is a light boil.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the coconut. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a 2-quart freezer-safe container to remove the coconut that has been infused with the milk. Or strain into a bowl and add to a 2-quart freezer-safe container after Step 4.
- Stir in the cream, vanilla, CBD, and toasted coconut.
- Cool completely, then add the lid and freeze overnight.
Enjoy your CBD ice cream!